Saturday 11 January 2014

2014 resolutions

Hi guys! Speaking of my previous post, I did say that I would write my 2014 resolutions here and basically I would like to make michelle phan's resolutions same as mine because I think what she says in her video "new year heart to heart" really reflects a lot about me.

1) To appreciate the moment and everything around me

I think it is really important to start appreciating the littlest things around me and enjoy the very moment in life because usually the littlest things you missed out on makes the greatest impact in your life and I definitely don't want to miss out these little good things in life.

It does seems true that what she says that nowadays people are always focusing on their digital life and not the real life of this world, lets say for example.. when you look at a nice view/scenery, people would actually whipped out their phones and start taking pictures and immediately upload their photos on twitter/instagram/facebook which would take up at least 30 minutes of their life to do all these and what happen to that 30 minutes of your life? Basically people just lose out their 30 minutes in their life which could be use to appreciate the very moment when they see the beautiful scenery/view, as such they would miss out the littlest and most beautiful moments in their life.

Therefore, I want to make it a point to start appreciating everything around me in real life more. I think this would be the greatest assets in life.

2) To love myself more (To build a r/s with myself)

Yes, and as how she feels in the video really reflects about me. Most of the time, I would hate myself for who I am and for not being the most perfect person in life. Insecurities, low self-esteem just like fire would just engulf me and makes me feel like I am the most lousiest person here on earth.

However, what she said in the video really does makes a lot of sense after reflecting about it. After all being perfect is not everything in life and imagine if you are constantly focusing on perfecting your life isn't it tiring and boring? Life is meant for more interesting things, why not try loving yourself and improve on your life day by day and you will find that one day, you would actually gain more by loving yourself instead of constantly perfecting yourself and comparing with others because most of the time you would feel tired and wonder why are you wasting your time doing this to yourself instead of appreciating what you have now.

3) To slow things down

To stop rushing things and slow down the fast-paced life as we are living in this fast-paced world. So I could enjoy the littlest details in life and not missed out on any good things in life.

Much love,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment